It was a day of pure emotional turmoil that spread through out the city and island... a deep heaviness that laid over us all. It blanketed us with sorrows deep and profound. It stole the breath and kicked us when we were down...We lost the young daughter of our Ubar as well as a skilled black smith Savi... and one of our own was denied fire, salt, and bread today... our isle has suffered a deep pain this day...
It was a pain that dug deep into the breast... it seized my heart and caused me to grive tears... I longed to hold my own sons to smell their sweet breaths and to craddle them close, but, alas they were not with me...
Alone I was not... for my future companion, the raider of my heart came... he knew my sorrows... in his embrace I found serenity and strength. I found comforts... I took them, I accepted comforts from another, when I my self have denied it for so long... have refused to let someone so close, I had sworn off finding love, never wanting to feel its bitter pain again, and yet I was drawn to him, this raider that stole my heart.
He did not give up, he refuses to let me go... and bound to him I become through the bonds of love that are being forged between us... the fire that we hold is raw and rare to find... I fear losing my self in side of it.
The words ring in my head over and over again, 'Do you dare dream of how incredible we will be?' How can those words weave such sweet sunder to my heart and my hopes. Can it be possible to be great... to be beyond the stars.
Can I dream... should I dream... should I set my self up and pray I wont fall to the ground yet again. Shattered the dreams of a young girl were, of a young woman, a mature woman... can the shrew be transformed... can I find the reasons for hope and dreams and spread my wings and just explore and simply enjoy what it is...
Enjoy the beauty of love.... YES...
Even if a shadow of the past refuses to let go, my ray of light is stronger and it is the light I am drawn to.
No comments:
Post a Comment