
Lithium
I feel the burning in my veins again, the true breath filling my lungs, the pound of my heart that echos into the night...
I do not want to forget what it is like to feel, what it is like to know the vast range of emotions that we as humans are capable of feeling, of expressing...
My tears have run dry, my lips tremble as the anger rages deep inside of me...
His sent calms me, it gives me a pull to a center I have long forgotten. I do not wish to fall into the darkness, I wish to stay in love with my own soul... leaving it open for him to explore.
Why wont the hunter let me go... why wont he just release me, he has casted me to the side twice before and now he tries to attack me in my weakest point, to drive that stake so deep I scream in silent agony for I refuse to let the world see my pain.
A new day of hope, a dawn of reason. He is the breath I long for in the middle of the night, the touch to my heart that protects it, in his hands I leave it, trusting him not to shatter it, not to waste the gift I have given him. The depths of a love that truly knew no bounds... it will go the extremes for the love returned.
The allegro tempo carries the blood racing through my veins when I hear him say such to me... proclaiming his love for me... let the hunter have his battle, he has already lost one prize and will lose many more should he stay on this path. Should he continue down this road he will not find his way back. He will drown in his own deeds, in his own world. For the ground he stands upon is shaky, the pieces along the edge crumble one hort at a time... soon there will be not turning back.
Its too late for what ifs, its too late to turn back. I know now what its like to feel again. To see the colors and feel their warmth. The chill of winter touch my heart no longer, for the warmth of love hath planted her sweet seeds deep within.
Cast away are the shadows that linger, that haunt, the poison that ran its course has now found the antidote to its effects. My heart heals more with each and every beat within the shroud of love. No longer will I stay locked inside my mind and keep my soul and heart hidden from the world. I cannot die a slow and agonizing death of hope and emotion in one. It would be as if I were drowning upon my own blood.
Fear cannot reside here, I cannot cling to them... in his hand I place mine... Can he... will he be the one to fight them off... to embrace me with his arm and shield me from the nights haunting terrors that lurk, the evils that linger just beyond my touch...
-a single tear drop on the page-
Never again...
No comments:
Post a Comment